Have you ever gone into a room before and forgot why you went there in the first place? The same kind of thing can happen in your life. You can wake up one day and wonder how your life became the way it is. That’s why it’s crucial to keep your life focus and avoid life distractions.
In life, there are many options to choose from. And you can get tempted to go down some paths that seem good but don’t end up getting you where you want to go. That’s why it is important to maintain your life focus.
Here’s how you can avoid life distractions and keep your life focus.
1. Know what your life focus is.
Do the soul searching to figure out why you’re here. Understand what is important to you personally.
- What is most important in your life?
- When your life is done, what will make you feel that your life was successfully lived?
- Have you committed that focus to writing?
- Have you told those close to you that this is what you want to do with your life?
Taking the time up front will help you know where you want to go. So you don’t get pulled off course.
2. Know what life distractions look like.
Many life distractions come in pretty packages. They look very appealing and are hard to resist.
- Have you placed that life focus somewhere prominently in your home or office?
- Do you refer to it regularly when making decisions?
- Are you honest with yourself when something you want to do will not help you fulfill your life focus?
- Are you willing to say no to opportunities when they won’t get you where you want to go?
Sometimes it’s hard to recognize life distractions for what they are. It’s important to avail yourself of help when you need it.
3. Know what you’re up against.
Life distractions can be deceiving. It’s good to get counsel from others who want to see you achieve your life focus.
- Can you go to those close to you to ask for advice when you need it?
- Are there others in your life who you can go to for wise counsel?
- Will you listen to others’ counsel if they say something other than what you thought they would say?
- Will you be willing to change your course if they tell you something you don’t want to hear?
Sometimes the thoughts we have in our heads are not helpful to us. There are times that you may need others to remind you of what you have said that is important to you.
As the Scripture says, faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful (Proverbs 27:6).
Be diligent to keep your life focus. Know that life distractions will come. Enlist a team to help you be ready—and you will be able to stay on track.
What do you think? Share your thoughts with a friend. You can share this article on Facebook by clicking here.