God has placed a calling on your life. He has created you to do something. But it’s difficult to figure out exactly what that is. Or is it?
God has given you ways that you can find out what He wants you to do. Because He has hardwired you to thrive in certain situations.
The search for your calling in life mirrors your search for the heart of God. God wants you to seek Him with all your heart and in the process you will learn more about yourself.
Here are 20 questions to consider as you seek out your calling.
1. How has God gifted you?
God has made you good at some things. These are the things that will help you see where you should focus your energies.
- What can you do well?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What seems easy to you but others are amazed by?
2. What are you passionate about?
God has placed certain things on your heart. The things that prompt you to act will prompt you to become even better at doing them.
- What pumps you up?
- What gets you excited?
- What are you motivated by?
3. Where do see overlap between your gifts and your passions?
Somewhere there is an intersection between where you are gifted and what you are passionate about. The key is to find—or create—something that you can get paid to do.
- Who do you know who does this?
- How can you get started doing this?
- How can you learn more about it?
4. Who can help you get to where you want to go?
As you move down the path to finding what God has made you to do, you will find someone who will want to help you. Ask them to be part of your journey.
- What experiences have they had in this area?
- Who can they introduce you to?
- What pitfalls can they help you avoid?
5. Why do you want to make this change?
There will be obstacles that will get in your way. You will come across people who will tell you why you should not pursue your calling. But remembering why you want to pursue your calling will sustain you.
- How important is it to you to find what you were made to do?
- What are you willing to go through to figure that out?
- How worth it will it be to find what God made you to do?
If you consider the questions on this list, they will help you stay on track to pursue your calling.
What do you think? Be a friend and share this article. You can share this article on Facebook by clicking here.